- The Red Herring - Fremantle - This is a pretty restaurant in a picturesque location. Its a bit of a trip to get to it but if you like having a nice meal overlooking a nice expanse of water this is something you will enjoy. This place has had mixed responses from people, and we were aware of this when we went. However, we found the food to be very good. Sir had the beer battered bronze whaler fillets and M'Lady had crispy skinned fresh salmon. Then, tempted, we had the Chefs Reccommendation - Assitte of Desserts to Share - which was great and impressive all in one. The service was prompt but not overpowering and the food was tasty and well presented - and the quantities were good too! Its worth the trip - especially if its at sunset.
- Greenhouse - Perth - This place is so trendy and popular these days and its easy to see why. There are some very interesting tapas like plates to share and the place is jumping with activity, but in the end it didn't really win us over. Greenhouse is busy and crowded - in fact you're crammed in. The food can be interesting - some of it - but the servings aren't generous (even for tapas - or tapas like dishes). We had the recommended number of dishes for our group and left quite hungry.
- Ruocco's Pizzeria e Ristorante - Fremantle - Great traditional Italian food in a friendly atmosphere. A favourite of ours after just one visit and a place we will certainly go back to. The pasta was al dente and the sauces were fresh and tasty. Desserts were tempting enough to still have even on a pretty full stomach! Looking forward to trying a few more dishes next time.
- Miss Maudes - Perth - A solid but not spectacular smorgasbord. Reasonable variety and reasonably priced.
- Korner Cafe - Perth - Fairly routine quick and cheap Asian restaurant. The service was quick - at the counter. We both had a different laksa and they were both excellent - extremely filling, plenty of goodies in them and cheap as chips. We'd go there again for a quick meal. Don't expect fine dining - you wont get it - but it's good food and very good value. Its BYO too and there's a bottle shop very close by.
- Botanical Cafe - Perth (in Kings Park) - Pleasant cafe in a fantastic location. The breakfasts were good without being great. We couldn't complain but wouldn't rave about them. If you want a coffee and cake for morning tea on a visit to the park then stop here - but for a meal there are probably better options.
- Olivers on James Street - Northbridge, Perth - Its a nice looking place with outside seating as well as several spaces inside. It's in busy Northbridge and its a busy place in this area. The food is acutually very good. Dining with a group allowed a wide variety of dishes to be seen and sampled. Everyone said their food was great. The liver and bacon – described as pan fried lamb’s liver and smoked bacon with buttered parsley mash, steamed greens and sweet onion jus - looked amazing. However the Linley Valley pork possibly exceeded this. It was listed as crispy skinned pork belly (and it was crisp) cooked in cider and vanilla with roast garlic mash, steamed greens and caramelised apple. Quite a few had the pizza special - $15 for any pizza on the menu. They were great value and great pizza's as well. Sharing three between four was ample - they were big pizzas! Olivers is a great place to visit for a really good meal.
- The Moon and Sixpence - CBD - It's a busy pub in the CBD that has indoor and outdoor areas. It also has a quite busy dini9ng area at the rear. Dining with a group we all enjoyed our meals. The food was good decent pub food. Quality was fine and the quantity was also good. It's not dirt cheap but not overpriced either. My steak burger and chips was a decent size and cooked to order as well - unlike a lot of places.
Sir and M'Lady Dine Out a lot - and right across Australia. We know what we like and don't like. We are prepared to try restaurants and share our views. We recognise that not everyone likes the same things (even we don't between the two of us) and not every experience at a restaurant is the same - we all want different things. We have one of Australia's fastest growing diverse restaurant blogs.
Short/Sharp: Perth/Fremantle Places Visited
Some of the places: